Workers’ Compensation Hearing Lawyers in Sacramento
Helping with WCAB Hearings & More
The California Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board (WCAB) hosts hearings for case denials and appeals. If your case was denied and you don’t agree with the decision, then you need to prepare for a workers’ comp hearing. If you live in Sacramento or the surrounding county, then you can rely on Pacific Workers', The Lawyers for Injured Workers and our team of attorneys for legal guidance. We would be honored to get the chance to represent you and fight for the workers’ comp benefits that you deserve.
Dial (888) 740-6434 to talk with our firm now about workers’ comp hearings.
Steps of a Workers’ Comp Hearing
Our Sacramento workers’ compensation hearing attorneys can help you figure out the right steps to take after your claim has been denied. Even if there appears to be a legitimate reason for the denial, there might be a way to negotiate around it through a hearing. By working with us, you will be ready to navigate the hearing, so you can feel like you have a fair chance of a positive outcome.
We can help you prepare for every step of a WCAB hearing, such as:
- Conciliation: Initial, early opportunity to negotiate a settlement with the help of a workers’ compensation attorney.
- Conference: Both parties present their arguments to a workers’ compensation judge, who will then approve the case for a hearing, deny the case, or provide a middle-ground solution.
- Hearing: Full proceeding with evidence, witnesses, and more; it can feel like a courtroom trial but is not technically litigation.
- Reviewing board: A rarely used final chance to appeal the outcome of the hearing if either party disagrees with the outcome.
Important Parts of a WCAB Hearing
During the WCAB hearing, we can present a variety of evidence sources to back why you should be given the benefits you need or an equivalent settlement. We can use medical records, medical bills, eyewitness statements, workplace safety inspections, and much more. While we prepare your case, we will also make sure that you feel prepared for every part of this process.
You can expect these three key parts of a WCAB hearing:
- Evidence presentation: Much of the workers’ compensation hearing will depend on what can be shown through evidence and arguments. We will be ready with both to support you.
- Courtroom disposition: You will be expected to act with professionalism—including wearing professional clothes—during the hearing as if you were going before a full court.
- Ruling: The hearing will conclude with the workers’ compensation judge (WCJ) making a ruling, which can be en banc, significant panel, panel, or pend on appellate grants, as well as in or out of your favor.
Prepare for a Hearing – Call Our Firm
You don’t have to deal with the troubles and work of a California WCAB hearing on your own. You can leave the biggest, toughest parts up to our Sacramento WCAB hearing lawyers. The amount of time that you have left to request a hearing after a denial could be brief. Do not lose another day. Call (888) 740-6434 now to arrange an initial consultation.
Thank you for being so kind and completely sympathetic to my case!- Jazzie D.
They took care of me!- Gabi O.
Pacific Workers' Comp is one of the best places to get help from when you need help with an injury from work!- Lamar B.
Bilal is very professional, caring and committed to his clients!- Guy H.
The most down to earth team I have ever met!- Nekealla C.
PWC has provided me with exceptional care!- Jaaziel B.