Sacramento Construction Accident Lawyers
Construction Injury Attorneys in Sacramento
Construction is one of the most dangerous industries in the United States, and the risk of injury is high. Construction workers face numerous hazards and dangers at the job site, from falls from ladders and scaffolding to being hit by falling objects or equipment, and even being electrocuted. If you were injured in a construction accident, you may be entitled to workers’ compensation benefits.
At Pacific Workers’, The Lawyers for Injured Workers, our Sacramento construction accident lawyers are here to help you navigate the claims process and fight for the benefits you are owed. With over 130 years of combined experience, our team knows how to win for our clients.
What Are the Most Common Construction Accidents?
A construction accident refers to an unplanned and undesirable event that occurs during construction activities, leading to injury, damage, or loss. These accidents can happen at construction sites and involve various factors, including human error, equipment malfunctions, or environmental hazards.
Construction sites are inherently dangerous places. They are often filled with heavy machinery, power tools, and other equipment that can cause serious harm if not used properly. Additionally, construction workers frequently work from heights, which can increase the risk of falls. As such, many different types of accidents can occur on construction sites.
Some of the most common types of construction accidents include:
- Falls: Falls from heights, such as scaffolding, ladders, or rooftops, are a prevalent type of construction accident.
- Struck-by Objects: Workers may be injured by objects falling or being thrown from higher levels, such as tools, materials, or equipment.
- Electrocutions: Construction sites often involve electrical work, and accidents can occur when workers come into contact with live wires or faulty electrical equipment.
- Caught in/Between: This category includes accidents where a worker is caught, crushed, or compressed between objects or machinery.
- Slips, Trips, and Falls: Uneven surfaces, wet conditions, or clutter can contribute to slips, trips, and falls on construction sites.
- Machinery Accidents: Injuries can result from operating heavy machinery, including cranes, bulldozers, and excavators.
- Collapse or Structural Failures: Buildings, scaffolding, or other structures may collapse, leading to injuries for workers on or near the construction site.
- Chemical Accidents: Exposure to hazardous materials or chemicals can lead to accidents and injuries.
- Fire and Explosions: Construction sites may involve welding, cutting, or other activities that can pose a risk of fires or explosions.
- Repetitive Motion Injuries: Prolonged and repetitive tasks can result in musculoskeletal injuries over time.
Can I Sue for a Construction Accident?
If you are a construction worker who was injured on the job, you are generally not able to sue your employer for your injuries. This is because most employers in California are required to carry workers’ compensation insurance, which provides benefits to employees who are hurt at work or who develop work-related medical conditions.
Under California law, almost all employers are required to carry workers’ compensation insurance. This insurance is intended to provide benefits to employees who are injured at work or who develop work-related medical conditions. In exchange for these benefits, employees generally cannot sue their employers for their injuries, except in certain cases of defective equipment or toxic substances.
However, you may be able to file a personal injury lawsuit against a third party if their negligence caused or contributed to your construction accident. For example, if you were injured in a scaffolding accident that was caused by a defective part, you may be able to sue the manufacturer. If you were injured in an auto accident while working as a construction worker, you may be able to sue the other driver for their negligence.
Our Sacramento construction accident lawyers can help you determine if you have grounds for a third-party personal injury lawsuit in addition to a workers’ compensation claim.
What is Covered Under Workers’ Compensation?
If you were injured in a construction accident, you are likely entitled to workers’ compensation benefits. These benefits are designed to cover your medical expenses and a portion of your lost wages while you are out of work. If your injury is severe enough to leave you disabled, you may also be entitled to additional benefits.
Workers’ compensation benefits in California typically include:
- Medical care and treatment
- Temporary disability benefits
- Permanent disability benefits
- Supplemental job displacement benefits
- Death benefits
It is important to note that workers’ compensation is a no-fault system, meaning that you are entitled to benefits regardless of who was at fault for your accident. In other words, you can still claim workers’ compensation if you made a mistake that caused your accident and injuries.
How Our Sacramento Construction Accident Attorneys Can Help
At Pacific Workers’, The Lawyers for Injured Workers, we understand how confusing and stressful the workers’ compensation claims process can be. That is why our Sacramento construction accident lawyers are here to help you every step of the way.
Our team can assist you in filing your initial claim and will make sure you meet all necessary deadlines. We can help you gather the necessary evidence and documentation to support your claim and will represent you in all hearings and proceedings with your employer’s insurance company and the California Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board.
Our team is prepared to help you with all aspects of your workers’ compensation claim, including:
- Initial filing
- Benefit denials
- Benefit reductions
We are committed to providing you with the personalized legal representation you deserve. Our firm will take the time to understand the unique details of your situation and your goals, and we will work to build a strong case on your behalf.
Thank you for being so kind and completely sympathetic to my case!- Jazzie D.
They took care of me!- Gabi O.
Pacific Workers' Comp is one of the best places to get help from when you need help with an injury from work!- Lamar B.
Bilal is very professional, caring and committed to his clients!- Guy H.
The most down to earth team I have ever met!- Nekealla C.
PWC has provided me with exceptional care!- Jaaziel B.