Tracy Workers’ Compensation Attorneys
Seeking Workers’ Compensation in San Joaquin County
Were you injured in a workplace accident? Have you been diagnosed with an illness or medical condition related to your employment? You are likely entitled to benefits under the California workers’ compensation system—and Pacific Workers', The Lawyers for Injured Workers can help.
With more than 130 years of collective experience, our attorneys dedicate all of their time, resources, and efforts to helping injured California workers get back on their feet. We have a 98% success rate in helping our clients obtain the benefits they are owed, and we are not afraid to go up against employers, insurance companies, and other powerful entities in our pursuit of fair and rightful compensation.
Our Tracy workers’ compensation lawyers provide personalized and attentive legal service to clients located throughout San Joaquin County. We know that the workers’ compensation process can be daunting, which is why we are here to answer your questions, address your concerns, and help you in any way you need.
On This Page
- Who Can File a Workers’ Compensation Claim?
- How Do You File a Claim?
- Do You Need a Lawyer?
- How Our Team Can Help
In California, nearly every employer must provide all their employees with workers’ compensation coverage.
- Full-time workers
- Part-time workers
- Seasonal workers
Even if you are the sole employee at your job, your employer must have workers’ compensation insurance. There are very few exceptions to this, but one notable one is in the case of independent contractors. Employers in California are not required to carry workers’ compensation coverage for workers classified as independent contractors. The state has very strict requirements regarding who may be classified as an “independent contractor,” and most workers fall into the category of “employee.”
Covered employees may file workers’ compensation claims when they:
- Are injured on the job or while carrying out any activities that benefitted their employer
- Are injured or become ill due to work-related activities and/or conditions
You do NOT need to prove that your employer or any other person or party was negligently or caused your injury/illness, but you also may not sue your employer unless very specific circumstances apply.
Filing a workers’ compensation claim can be very complicated and confusing. We strongly recommend that you work with an experienced attorney, like those at Pacific Workers', The Lawyers for Injured Workers, who can help ensure you do not make any mistakes that could jeopardize your benefits.
In any case, there are several important steps you should take after a workplace accident or job-related injury, illness, or medical condition:
- Seek Medical Attention: Not only is this important for your overall safety and well-being, but it also establishes proof of your injury. This can be an essential element of your workers’ compensation case, especially if your employer or their insurance provider tries to dispute or deny your initial claim.
- Report the Injury: You must report your work-related injury or illness to your employer (via a supervisor, person of authority, or another appropriate party) in writing within 30 days. The 30 days begins on the date of the injury, the first date on which you missed work due to a work-related condition, or the date on which you became aware your injury/illness was work-related.
- Complete a Workers’ Compensation Claim Form: Your employer should provide you with the workers’ compensation claim form (DWC-1) within one day of you reporting your injury, but you may also download the form from the California Workers’ Compensation website (click here). You must complete the employee portion of the form and return it to your employer or send it via the U.S. Postal Service.
After you have submitted the workers’ compensation claim form, you will receive a decision—either approving or denying your claim—from the Division of Workers’ Compensation (DWC). If your claim is denied, or if there is any dispute regarding your benefits, reach out to our Tracy workers’ compensation attorneys right away.
The law does not require you to hire a workers’ compensation lawyer in order to file a claim and recover benefits. However, there are many advantages to working with a legal team.
After a workplace accident or work-related injury, you should be focused on getting proper medical care, managing your condition, and resting. If you wish to recover workers’ compensation benefits, however, you must act quickly. An attorney can help you carry out the necessary steps, including reporting the injury to your employer and completing your official claim form, while you focus on your physical recovery.
Additionally, it is not uncommon for insurance providers to dispute or deny workers’ compensation claims. In fact, it is relatively rare for workers’ compensation cases to go off without a hitch. More often than not, injured employees encounter various issues affecting their benefits, settlement, and other aspects of their claim. When you already have an attorney by your side, you do not have to worry about navigating these challenges, as you will have someone who not only knows the law but who is also willing and able to advocate for you.
Because we dedicate our entire practice to workers’ compensation cases, we are able to devote all of our resources and efforts to fighting for injured workers and their families. At Pacific Workers', The Lawyers for Injured Workers, we truly care about our clients, which is why we make it our mission to provide the compassionate and personalized legal counsel they deserve. No matter how complex your case may be, you can count on our Tracy workers’ compensation attorneys to fight for the maximum benefits you are owed.
Thank you for being so kind and completely sympathetic to my case!- Jazzie D.
They took care of me!- Gabi O.
Pacific Workers' Comp is one of the best places to get help from when you need help with an injury from work!- Lamar B.
Bilal is very professional, caring and committed to his clients!- Guy H.
The most down to earth team I have ever met!- Nekealla C.
PWC has provided me with exceptional care!- Jaaziel B.