Modesto Workers’ Compensation Attorneys
Helping Injured Workers from All Industries in Modesto
Have you been injured on the job? Do you have a medical condition that you believe was directly caused by your job expectations? You could be entitled to benefits under California’s workers’ compensation system. Most workers in the state are covered, but that doesn’t guarantee that getting those benefits is simple. The situation only gets more complicated when employers and workers’ compensation insurance providers don’t want to take an injured worker’s claim seriously.
Pacific Workers', The Lawyers for Injured Workers is proud to be the law firm that locals in Modesto trust when they need help with workers’ compensation claims, appeals, and lawsuits. Whether you were hurt at work and need to file a claim, or you already tried to file but ran into legal issues, you can depend on our Modesto workers’ compensation lawyers. Equipped with decades of collective practice experience, vast resources, and a wealth of legal knowledge about California’s employment and workers’ comp laws, we’re ready to take any case, including those involving national corporations and massive name-brand companies.
We proudly represent injured workers from Modesto’s biggest industries, such as:
- Retail, dining, and hospitality
- Public sector
- Technology and professional services
- Corporate work
Get more information about your options after a work injury. Start with a complimentary consultation. Dial (888) 740-6434 now.
Do You Qualify for Workers’ Compensation?
Employers in California must provide workers’ compensation for all employees if they have at least one employee. Full-time, part-time, and seasonal workers are all covered by this broad rule. If you are technically considered an employee of a company, big or small, it’s highly likely you should be covered with workers’ compensation that will get you the benefits you need to recover and get back on your feet.
However, you might not qualify for workers’ compensation under California law if you are a:
- Domestic worker related to your employer
- Independent contractor
- Volunteer (most cases)
- Deputy sheriff or clerk
- Student-athlete in amateur events
- Amateur sports official
- Paid through “aid,” not wages
- And other rare exclusions
Not sure if you should have workers’ compensation, or were you told you don’t, but you think you should? Get clarification by calling (888) 740-6434 and talking with our Modesto workers’ compensation attorneys. We can review your employment situation to see if you should be eligible for workers’ compensation benefits, as well as advise your next steps if you are eligible but have been wrongfully denied.
Benefits That Might Be Available to Injured Modesto Workers
Workers’ compensation is meant to help workers get back to work after a work-related injury, which is good for both the worker and the employer. It achieves this goal by providing an injured worker with medical care coverage and wage replacement benefits in most cases. The main qualifying factor is that the worker must have suffered an injury, illness, or debilitation in the scope of their employment.
Furthermore, workers’ compensation is a no-fault system, which means negligence does not need to be proven or even argued. As long as your injury was suffered in a work-related way – such as falling off a ladder, hurting your back from repeatedly lifting products, getting exposed to toxic substances, etc. – you should be eligible to file for workers’ compensation benefits that will help you recover. Notably, except in rare cases with specific circumstances, you cannot sue your employer for a work-related injury if you are covered by workers’ compensation.
If you do get benefits from workers’ comp in California, it may provide:
- Medical care: All costs for medical care required to treat your work-related injury or illness should be covered by workers’ compensation. This medical care coverage includes everything from emergency care, weeks in the hospital, months of rehabilitative therapy, in-home medical equipment rental, and so on.
- Temporary disability pay: If you can’t return to work due to a disability caused by your work-related injury or illness, you may qualify for temporary total disability (TTD) benefits. Generally, TTD benefits are paid weekly for up to 104 weeks and are valued at 66.67% of your average weekly wages based on recent income. Some cases may have differently available TTD benefits, though.
- Permanent disability pay: If you are expected to never recover enough from a work-related injury to return to your job, you may qualify for permanent partial disability (PPD) or permanent total disability (PTD) benefits. PPD and PTD benefits may last years or the rest of your life, and the amount of income provided through these benefits is based on your disability or impairment rating. In short, the worse your disability and the more it interferes with your ability to hold gainful employment, the higher the value of your permanent disability benefits could be.
- Supplemental job displacement: Sometimes called vocational rehabilitation benefits, supplemental job displacement benefits can be used to help you start a new job or career if your work-related injury stops you from returning to your previous role. You could be provided with up to $6,000 to pay for retraining costs.
- Life pension: Injured workers who are given an impairment rating between 70 – 99% may qualify for life pension payments through the California workers’ compensation system. Such payments are given weekly and indefinitely.
- Death benefits: If you lost a loved one in a work-related accident or incident, you may be able to file for death benefits through their workers’ compensation coverage. Death benefits may cover funeral and burial costs and can provide financial benefits related to lost wages and employment benefits. Usually, only surviving spouses or dependents can make a claim for death benefits through the California workers’ compensation system.
Let Our Modesto Workers’ Comp Lawyers Help
Don’t add stress to your already stressful situation after a workplace accident by fighting for workers’ compensation benefits on your own. Instead, lean on the highly experienced and compassionate Modesto workers’ comp attorneys of Pacific Workers', The Lawyers for Injured Workers. With our 130 years of combined experience and a 98% success rate for client cases, you can be confident in choosing us to be your legal representatives during this challenging time. At our firm, we keep it simple: We fight for injured workers, and we fight with everything we have.
Arrange a FREE consultation today. Just dial (888) 740-6434 and tell us about your work-related accident in Modesto, CA.
Thank you for being so kind and completely sympathetic to my case!- Jazzie D.
They took care of me!- Gabi O.
Pacific Workers' Comp is one of the best places to get help from when you need help with an injury from work!- Lamar B.
Bilal is very professional, caring and committed to his clients!- Guy H.
The most down to earth team I have ever met!- Nekealla C.
PWC has provided me with exceptional care!- Jaaziel B.